Friday, November 04, 2005

UGC Questions

The following information was sent to me by Mr. U.M. Pradeep Kumar, Librarian, Institute of Clinical Research. I am putting this on my blog as I thought it might be useful for UGC aspirants.

These are the UGC questions which we have faced in June 2005.

1. Cost Benefit Analysis
2. User Education
3. Search Engines
4. Applied & Basic Search
5. Communication Barriers
6. Information as Commodity
7. Pre-requisites of Resource sharing
8. Function of IFLA
9. E-documents
10. Difference b/w Information Source & Information Resource
11. Faceted Classification
12. Pre-coordinate & Post coordinate Indexing
13. Search strategy & expression
14. Performance evaluation
15. RECON
16. CIP
17. World Wide Web
18. Difference b/w Digital library & Virtual Library
19. Difference b/w System Analysis & System Approach
20. Information Science as Commodity


Essay Type Questions:-

1. Information profession is more concentrated towards storage
collection of information & neglect the more important user, Comment.
2. What is the advantage of Retrospective conversion of manual
catalogue to automated cataloguing system.
3. During preparing information policy giving more importance to
storage, collection, why. Explain relevance to Indian context.

1 comment:

srinivasanaika said...

Thank u very much sir I already search that I did not get it is useful to me and my friends because we are ugc exam aspirants.
Thank u very much.